CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Growing Girl

Madison saw the pediatrician again today. She now weighs 6 pounds 3.5 ounces and is 20 inches long. I'm so proud of her...and of us for helping her grow. The pediatrician also said that we can stop waking her during the night for feedings and just let her signal to feed. So our plan is to do her 11 PM feeding and then just see how she does. Then we'll make sure she gets her 8 AM feeding.

After the appointment, we headed to Olive Garden for lunch. The food was so yummy and it was nice to go out to eat. I don't remember the last time we did!

Madi had her first real bath a few days ago. She seemed to really enjoy it! She wasn't quite sure about it at first; but just like with everything else, she calmed herself pretty quickly and just took it all in. She's so easygoing!

In other news...

I wore my wedding rings today for the first time in awhile. I was so happy that I could finally get them on my fingers again! I've lost 27 pounds of my pregnancy weight. I still want to lose the rest plus some more! I'm anxious to start exercising again.

I think I am enjoying maternity leave waaaaaaaaaay too much. I seriously dread going back to work! I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I could be a stay at home mom. I'm going to miss her so much. I can't imagine not spending the whole day with her. But I know I have to go back...and I'm okay with it...just wish I didn't have to.

It's been so nice spending this time together as a family. When Matt lost his job back in January, it seemed like such terrible news. We were both terrified and devastated...but now it seems like such a blessing. Matt was able to be there for me throughout the pregnancy in a way that he wouldn't have been able to if he had been working. Also, he's been able to develop an extra special bond with Madison. And now we're hoping he'll get some great news next month...that he gets accepted into the LPN Program he applied to. Nursing has been something he's been interested in for awhile now, and I hope that he gets a chance to pursue his dream.







Visiting with Great Aunt Patty and Great Uncle Charles

Gotta go feed the tiny munchkin now.

Much love,

Mandi

4 comments:

Aimee said...

can't help it, that top pic makes me tear up. it's one of my favorites - ever! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for wearing your rings again! Glad Miss Madison is growing so well :)

Jen said...

Those pictures are awesome - I agree with Aimee, that top picture is just precious! You need to get that one printed off and hung on your walls! I'm glad Madi is growing!! Hopefully she'll sleep straight through the night :)

The feeling of wanting to be a stay-at-home mom gets worse when you go back...just a warning. And the older they get and the more interactive they get, the worse it gets! Make sure you have tissues with you the first day back - it is hard. Where will she be going to daycare? Hope Matt gets into the program - that would be a great thing!

Unknown said...

I'm like everyone else. I want a copy of that top picture. It is perfect! I love reading these little insights about you, Matt, and Madi. I am so glad that he was laid-off when he was. The Lord knew he would have a fulltime job taking care of you and MadiMax. I'm sure he'll provide a new career as soon as he knows its time. Love you all!